The Tower of Winds said to be, among other things, a calendar. The need for a calendar is something that gets assumed. People have to have calendars. Whether you’re an astronomer like Patrick Moore, or a classicist like Emma Gee…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Loot by Sharon Waxman
- The earliest astronomers?
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- The probability of a temple facing East
- Astrology in the Infinite Monkey Cage
- Let’s hear it for Dr Chris Malyszewicz
- Black Pharoahs
- Plugins for an academic group blog: Referencing & Footnotes
- A New #WordPress plugin for #SCIENCE!