Contrary to the proverb, it’s never darkest before the dawn. As I stood looking out to the eastern horizon, the few clouds in the sky shone in brilliant silver against a metallic cobalt vault. Behind me the sky slowly yielded…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- The Rotherwas Ribbon
- Digging for shadows and vapours
- The first experiment?
- One of Rome's major monuments has gone missing
- You too can have an ass like Cleopatra
- Psychic Readings are True
- Applied Cold Reading
- The Antikythera Mechanism: Art or Science?