I’ve found more translations based on the press release I sent out about Delphi. In addition to English, you can now read it in Greek («Διάβασαν» το μυστικό της Πυθίας), Italian, (Segreto Di Delfi In Un Antico Testo) and, amazingly, in Hungarian (A csillagok jelezték Delphoi szertartásait).
I’ve been asked for a third version for the WAC volume on the Heavens Above session. I’m not sure if that’s going to happen. There’s enough new material for the second paper for the journal Archaeoastronomy, but I don’t want to recycle old material as new for the WAC volume. What I’d like to offer is a paper looking at how seriously you can test the claims made. I think there are problems, but not all of them are as bad as they seem. Efrosyni, who I’ve been co-authoring with isn’t keen on this as the problems I want to discuss are fairly basic.
I have been getting sick of it. I’ve been lacking inspiration and a little overworked, so writing something for Archaeoastronomy that doesn’t sound like it’s going through the motions is difficult. The Antiquity version had at least 30 drafts. I say at least, as for a month there were several drafts all marked draft 10. It was supposed to be a minor and quick paper, but it’s taking out time I could be working on my PhD with.
However, seeing it picked up and translated is a big ego-stroke. So now, I suppose, is the time to tackle DIAGv1.07.a.Google+