Location of Naxos. Naxos is one of the oldest of the Greek colonies on Sicily. It sits on the north of the eastern shore of Sicily, near Mount Etna. The ancient sources agree that the city was founded at least in…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- The five best Police Academy Films
- Black Pharoahs
- An ethical Homeopathic puzzle
- The Antikythera Mechanism: Art or Science?
- Astrology in the Infinite Monkey Cage
- The earliest astronomers?
- Calçoene - the Brazilian Stonehenge?
- The Scale of Likelihood
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl