We had an interesting visit in i-Science today from two people at the Writing Centre of St. Mary’s University College Belfast. The topic was thinking about how we teach writing and engage the enthusiasm of students for writing. You’d think…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Top Posts & Pages
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- The Rotherwas Ribbon
- The Star of Bethlehem Solved?
- The extraordinary research of the BCA
- Black Pharoahs
- Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast by Lewis Wolpert
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- One of Rome's major monuments has gone missing
- Citation, Bibliography and Wordpress
Posts from other places that I'm blogging.
- What can you do with a photo of a Gray Ghost?
Sometimes a paper comes with an image that deserves more attention. What can you do with images that should be shared? We're adding a […]
- Every Botanist Needs an ORCID
If you're hoping to have any career in research, an ORCID can help you identify that you are the person named on your published articles. […]
- Registration for the Gordon Research Conference on Plant Volatiles 2016 is open
There will be a Gordon Research Conference on Plant Volatiles January 31 to February 5 2016 on Plant Volatiles chaired by Martin Heil and […]
- Eden TV have a wildlife competition for the UK and Ireland
Eden TV and Chris Packham have a guide on how to produce your nature documentary for YouTube, with the help of some carnivorous plants. […]
- Has Botany got its poster boy?
Botany has always been important but soon it might become likeable too, if a new film starring Matt Damon is a success. […]
- A new website to get students into Biology and Plant Science
If you're studying A-level or IB-level Biology at school in the UK, then a new site might give you a helping hand. If you're outside the […]
- A simple wildflower garden with a surprising success
A garden planted to attract bees and insects has starting is now visited by something else. […]
- Keeping links flowing, @PlantCentral gets updated
You can get tweets highlighting new blog posts from PlantCentral account on Twitter, and now it has added links to new journal articles too. […]
- The Hulk is Green, but is he Organic?
Scotland is to ban GMOs, because there’s more to GMOs than Science. It might sound good, but is it really a way to a more […]
- Formula E yn dychwelyd
Mae’r profion i’r ail dymor Formula E wedi dechrau mis yma. Gallai fod yn hanfodol i’r bencampwriaeth, achos mae hi angen […]