Archaeoporn has an entry illustrating one of the problems with buying illicit antiquities. It turns out that not all criminals are trustworthy people. Take for instance the Seal of Yzbl, it’s a seal of Queen Jezebel as mentioned in the…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Trigonometry and Pyramids
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- How to reliably display ancient Greek text in PowerPoint
- The Seven Wonders of Human Intellect
- Are Extraterrestrials a Greek thing?
- Extreme Pilgrim and Saint Anthony