Not a classical Sapphic ode, but I’ve plagiarised the metre and the first five words from Stephen Fry’s Example (a), so it’s close enough. Besides it’s not a proper personal blog without some bad poetry. Let’s hear it for the…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- The five best Police Academy Films
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- What's the difference between archaeology and grave-robbing?
- You too can have an ass like Cleopatra
- The ethics of studying human remains
- Archaic Astronomy and Heliacal Rising
- There may be no atheists in Vauxhalls but there was one in a Volkswagen
- Trigonometry and Pyramids