Wladimir Lyra’s following in the footsteps of Jack in his arXiv paper Naming the extrasolar planets. Currently planets are tagged after their parent star, so if we found a planet around α Ceti, it would be called α Ceti b.…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- Copernicus and the Star that was bigger than the Universe
- The first experiment?
- Is lust for power a basic human attribute?
- Calçoene - the Brazilian Stonehenge?
- A bad joke is not going to remove a tumour
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’
- Barnum and Bunkum