I’ve known about this book for a while, but the title put me off reading it. It sounds too smug to me, and while there are reasons for reclassifying Pluto I don’t think it’s something astronomers could be smug about.…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- Ancient skulls haunted by their past
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’
- The Rollright Stones and Vandalism
- The earliest astronomers?
- Archaic Astronomy and Heliacal Rising
- Applied Cold Reading
- Stonehenge Astronomy V: The Planets