PhD (Leicester) Creating collective identities through astronomy? A survey of the Greek temples of Sicily.
MPhil (Cantab) World Archaeology
BA (Leicester) Ancient History and Archaeology
* 2008. Scholarly Journals between the Past and the Future by Martin Rundkvist: Review (pre-print). Fornvännen 2008/3. 207-209.
* 2008. ‘Special Reviews Section: Electric strata: Assemblage and changes in postgraduate publication on the internet: Assemblage — Postgraduate Journal of the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield, UK. 1996—2006: www.assemblage. group.shef.ac.uk’ European Journal of Archaeology 2007 10(1), 83-85.
* 2008. An introduction to recent developments in Open Access and the Online Dissemination of Information. Study Group for Roman Pottery Newsletter 45.
* 2007. The Orientation of Roman Camps. ISciences weblog. Cited by Magli (2008).
* 2005. “Cosmology as an Indicator of Ethnicity? The Case of the Greek Colonies of Sicily” Abstracts of the 106th Annual Meeting of the Archaeological Institute of America. Boston: AIA, p. 38
* 2005. Knowing When to consult the Oracle of Delphi. Antiquity 305, 564-72. (co-authored with Efrosyni Bousikas) I can email a PDF if you send me your email address via the contact form.
* 2005. Increased Joy through Delegated Reading. Archaeological Computing Newsletter 63.
Conferences Seminars etc.
* 2009 – title to be confirmed. A talk on independent and open access publishing options for archaeologists. (2009 IFA conference)
* Starlight Expressed: Statistical Methods in Archaeoastronomy (two very similar presentations to the Archaeoastronomy Colloquiette and the School of Archaeology and Ancient History)
* Miscommunication in Archaeoastronomy. (National Astronomy Meeting)
* Sikelisation? A cosmovisional approach to cultural cross-fertilisation. (Classical Association)
* Scale and Complex Acculturation (Defining Social Complexity)
* Cosmology as an Indicator of Ethnicity? The Case of the Greek Colonies of Sicily (Archaeological Institute of America)
* Not all of us have Apple Macs: Inter-operability and web publishing for journals (Text and Context: Scholarly Editing in the 21st Century – AHRC Conference)
* It Came from Underground (Leicester PG Seminar Series, AMPAH, Leicester Interdisciplinary Science Seminar)
* The Star Disc of Nebra: The problem of circular arguments in Archaeoastronomy (Newcastle PG Forum)
* (co-authored with Efrosyni Bousikas) Dolphin Watching in Ancient Greece Poster Version
* (co-authored with Efrosyni Bousikas) Dolphin Watching in Ancient Greece (multiple versions at Leicester PG Seminar Series, AMPAH, Wales and the West Interdisciplinary Conference, SEAC)
* Dolphin Watching in Ancient Greece Poster Version (displayed at World Archaeological Congress 5)
* Starlight Expressed (SEAC)
2003 – Present Consultant on Interdiscplinary Science module IS1010 “Powers and Prophets” Design and Build including syllabus, examination structure and course materials.
2004 – Consultant on Interdisciplinary Science Taster Course / Masterclass “Murder Most Scientific”
Design: Sections for Chemistry, Geology, Geography
Design and Build: Generic Problem
Design, Build and Delivery: Palaeopathology / Osteoarchaeology
2003 – 2004 Seminar Tutor Introduction Greek History / Introduction to Roman History
* 2008 Chair for Astronomy and Antiquity session at the Classical Association conference.
* 2005 AMPAH conference organiser
* 2004 CHAT worker
* 2003 RAC / TRAC worker