I’ve been busy this week with trips to libraries for research. In fact I’ve been made a little bit busier due to a problem with something I found.
I was checking the sizes and dating evidence for temples at Agrigento. The plan of Temple A in Marconi’s report was very odd because it showed most columns mainly on the north side of the temple, and I thought the surviving columns are on the south side. When I looked later at the plans for Temple D, I also found the shadows were pointing in the opposite direction. So it looked like Marconi had rotated the plan by 180° without noting it.
Temple of Hercules viewed from the South. Photo (cc) Mark1706.
Then came the next problem.