A lot of people will be talking about the obvious film/book. The film and book versions of 2001 are different, in the book the monolith is on Iapetus, the moon of Saturn where liquid water may exist. Arthur C. Clarke…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Time Team's Big Royal Dig
- Speculations on the sex of the Moon
- The arrogance of Physicists?
- Is the Secret of Britney Spears Success Hidden in the Locomotion?
- I'm giving up writing at Medium
- Flatland: The film that can take you into a new dimension?
- How to reliably display ancient Greek text in PowerPoint
- Thoughts on “The Demon Haunted World” by Carl Sagan