A lot of people will be talking about the obvious film/book. The film and book versions of 2001 are different, in the book the monolith is on Iapetus, the moon of Saturn where liquid water may exist. Arthur C. Clarke…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- How to reliably display ancient Greek text in PowerPoint
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- The extraordinary research of the BCA
- Copernicus and the Star that was bigger than the Universe
- My God, it's full of stars!
- Seven Wonders II: The Parthenon
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- The five best Police Academy Films
- The probability of a temple facing East