Tony Keen has been casting a critical eye over the recent ancient astronomy stories which have been making the headlines recently. They raise questions about how we evaluate interdisciplinary work and how we peer-review it.
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- A New #WordPress plugin for #SCIENCE!
- Thoughts on “The Demon Haunted World” by Carl Sagan
- The earliest astronomers?
- Black Pharoahs
- Creating Prehistory by Adam Stout
- How to reliably display ancient Greek text in PowerPoint
- What can the short form do for (insert discipline here)?
- Archaeologists prove the secret to a successful date is knowing what is on the menu