The image is an example of the sort of shape they’re talking about. You can see it bigger at Flickr. Well yes that may be true, but it’s not just Palaeolithic men who’d want to venerate them. Slightly more seriously…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’
- The ethics of studying human remains
- Hysteria as a response to snow
- About Me
- The probability of a temple facing East
- Do you need a note from a criminal to prove an artefact is stolen?
- Trigonometry and Pyramids
- Version X
- What's the difference between archaeology and grave-robbing?