The map above is a closer look at a map of ancient Rome by Allyn and Bacon. It’s interesting because it shows the position of the Solarium, or the Horologium Augusti, a giant sundial set up by Augustus. It’s the…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Red Letter Day: Danish Alphologists Discover the 27th Letter of the Alphabet
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- The Rotherwas Ribbon
- Archaic Astronomy and Heliacal Rising
- The Seven Wonders of Human Intellect
- Sun Symbolism and Cosmology in "Michelangelo's Last Judgment" by Valerie Shrimplin
- Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown
- Is Delphi really connected with Dolphins?
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’