There’s a radio show online celebrating 30 years of The Meaning of Liff a dictionary of words that don’t exist, but should. The words are all place names that have been press-ganged into doing some proper work in the English language. As…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Citation, Bibliography and Wordpress
- The ethics of studying human remains
- Does history feel better when it has no connection to the past?
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- How to reliably display ancient Greek text in PowerPoint
- Black Pharoahs
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- Psychic Readings are True