There’s a radio show online celebrating 30 years of The Meaning of Liff a dictionary of words that don’t exist, but should. The words are all place names that have been press-ganged into doing some proper work in the English language. As…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- Red Letter Day: Danish Alphologists Discover the 27th Letter of the Alphabet
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- Archaic Astronomy and Heliacal Rising
- Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown
- The Rotherwas Ribbon
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’
- The Seven Wonders of Human Intellect
- Is Delphi really connected with Dolphins?
- Macedonia: From bad to worse