The map above is a closer look at a map of ancient Rome by Allyn and Bacon. It’s interesting because it shows the position of the Solarium, or the Horologium Augusti, a giant sundial set up by Augustus. It’s the…
Comments might need to be moderated first - and here's why
Academia Advent Calendar Ancient Astronomy Ancient History Anthropology Antiscience Archaeoastronomy Archaeology Art Astronomy Atheism blog Blogging Book Communication Contemporary Archaeology Creationism Crime Education Ethics Google Greece Heritage History History of Astronomy Humour Illicit Antiquities Media Open Access Philosophy Photos Pop Culture Prehistoric Pseudoscience Publishing Religion Review Scepticism Sicily Stonehenge Television UK Vidi web 2.0 Writing
Top Posts & Pages
- Like the postmodernism generator, but funnier
- 8000 years of genetic engineering in your fruitbowl
- Archaic Astronomy and Heliacal Rising
- The Difference between ‘Above the Horizon’ and ‘In the Sky’
- Did ancient Greek women sunbathe?
- The ethics of studying human remains
- History: A Very Short Introduction by John Arnold
- About Me
- If you put a snail shell to your ear can you hear the sound of your thoughts?
- I’m thinking about blogging in Welsh / Dw i’n meddwl am blogio yn Gymraeg